Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Three Ways in which I Could Be in Danger

-I found three chicken parm sandwiches on my front stoop last night.  I am assuming it was left by our awesome family friend who works at the high school a block away.  So I am also assuming it's safe to eat.  And that I won't die after I have it for lunch.  I know that there's maybe just one person reading these lonely words right now, but that makes your task all the greater, faithful reader.  Please do not click away!  I am entrusting my life into your hands.  If I should fall ill, you have to get my story out.  Tell my mom that I love her.  Tell them that it was the chicken parm.

-Every morning, I pass an SUV with large County Sheriff decals in the parking garage.  And every morning, it worries me a little that the Sheriff is not in town.  Or if he or she is, the sheriff is separated by his or her vehicle.  Aren't law enforcement officials supposed to stay put in the towns they serve?  And yet the sheriff leaves the car unattended each morning, presumably heading toward Boston.

-North Station is undergoing lots of construction as of late.  They're redoing walls and adding a couple of new vendors, including a new Dunkin Donuts.  This isn't "new Dunkin in town" ridiculous, where the new one is down the street from the old one, within a minute's drive.  This brings ridiculous to a whole new level as the new one is maybe fifty paces from the old one.  And I have little feet!   It's in the same building and on the same floor.  And yet, this isn't the most absurd thing about the new construction.  The prize goes to the lack of separation between construction and non-construction sites.  Sometimes, they put up a tarp.  But most often, they don't.  So that for weeks now, hordes of commuters file past construction workers in helmets and face masks who are diligently at work and protected from dust and blunt objects, even as debris flies all around us.  Dear Construction Manager of North Station- my eyes are very sensitive to dust and my head to anything heavy and/or sharp.  Please do more to keep me safe.  Thank you.

2 comments:

Allison C. said...

i read your posts! ... or am i that one reader that you are referring to?

Dusty said...

I read too...

I am preparing my "personal statement" for Bowdoin...

Tell them all I am awesome!