Wednesday, February 13, 2008

ET- Just Write

I went to high school with a girl named Bruno who hated talking on the phone.  It was always her friends calling to make plans and not her.  One day, she had a phone interview, which is one of the worst things ever, and the interviewer thought she went to a private school and lived in a dorm.  Bruno did not correct him, but let him ask questions about her roommate.  And we all laughed at Bruno for it.  But today, I think, you are not so crazy, Bruno.  I have come to resent the phone.  I abhor work phone calls.  I'm waiting to hear back from someone right now and cannot stand sitting still at my desk.  Can't we all be as passive and confrontational-averse as I am?  Wouldn't the world go much smoother if we talked things out... over email?  Or a series of one-sided voicemail messages?  I know.  I am a wimp.  And one day I will get over it.  In the meanwhile, I am waiting and shaking at my desk.

In completely unrelated news, last night, I hung around Cambridge instead of face the snow, ice, and music waiting for me in the suburbs.  Called Ellie the Delinquent up and miracle of miracles, she's available for dinner... for her roommate (also lyfer and Bo' alum, so I we go way back) Priscilla's birthday dinner.  Yeah.  I half-invited myself to a sort of intimate birthday dinner.  I'm sort of a bad friend.  And had to wait for the waitress to grab an extra chair (Ranwei: Oh, you can just stand and serve us).  But boy were the dinner and company great.  I make an excellent birthday present.

Everyone, root for Dusty! 

No comments: