Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Monkeying Around

Note to self:  When at work, please try harder to hold onto what little dignity you have left, or at least try to spend it more sparingly.  Despite whatever rapport you might think you have with the doctors you work with, some stories do not need to be told.  Like the leftover school lunch stoop sandwich for lunch story.  Doc Query gave me quite a skeptical, "I'm trying to hid the fact that I think she's crazy, but my face isn't cooperating" look yesterday when I overshared.  The crop of people in the division who think I'm normal and not stupid grow slimmer by the day.

Lisa, on the other hand, is one of the brightest people I know.  And probably works with people who think she's smart.  Yesterday, I was trying to figure out the identity of monkeyschwimmer (name x-ized to protect identity) on my aim buddy list and went to Lisa for help.  Being the logical person that she is, Lisa thought about this methodically and asked, "Well, who likes monkeys?"


Breaking news:  Just overheard from adjacent cubicle- "My pants are still wet from this morning."  Perhaps I'm not the worst oversharer in the division.  Or the most special, for that matter.

No comments: