Saturday, March 10, 2012

Standard and Poor

I hung out with Amber and Sachini tonight, a fine friend pairing if I say so myself.  To be honest, I was skeptical when Sachini filled up the parking meter for 3 hours, but we went right past the mark and the night of talking, laughing (often at the expense of foreigners, and being foreigners in the US, which we could all relate to), and mocking flew by.

(talking about the drinking test international drivers have to take)

Moi: So I got my license much later than the average person-

Amber: Haven't you learned by now not to compare yourself to normal people?

I'd take that from normal people.  But this was from an Australian who until recently, identified herself with a laminated license, so no, I haven't learned.  I am far more average than one might think.  My biostat grade, for one, is certainly not above average.   

No comments: