Friday, March 16, 2012

Moments Like This

My distaste for finals is absolutely clear.  I hate the stress dreams.  The poor eating habits.  The hours upon hours spent typing stupid papers.  Even weeks like this that were relatively mild (sure, I slept less than usual, but more than the average final week) still felt awful.  They always do.

But they always come to an end.  The relief I am riding now is one of the precious few genuine joys I have left about taking classes.  It's my favorite feeling.  Some final weeks call for celebrations with friends and the airing of grievances.  Tonight was the opposite of that and utterly perfect.  Sure, my spring break will be spent working, because I always over promise when it comes to vacation plans, but tonight, all that is far off.  Tonight, there was very good Thai take out to go with the very good State of Play.  No talking.  No writing.  No numbers.  Just simple satisfaction.

No comments: