Tuesday, March 20, 2012

GenMod

Dear Pretzels, I have found a name for GenProf.  He shall be known as Prof Le Roy.  That is, until I forget about the name or come up with something better.  I didn't expect him to figure into our story.  But then I went into his office last week and he surprised me by remembering who I am.  Or at the very least, he remembered my allergy (which worries me, because it may also mean that he remembers that I never participated in his lectures, I was hoping to blend into the background).

Prof Le Roy: Are you here to see Prof Molten?

Moi: Yeah is-

Prof Le Roy: I have a llama in my office.  Is that going to be OK?

Not only is Le Roy funny.  He is perfectly in line with the recent trend in line crossing professors (see also, Advisor Who and the Case of the Roommate's Hands):

Prospective student: I'm allergic to dogs.

Prof Le Roy: That's not going to work then.  Now you can't come to my house to cook for me.

Moi: Did I miss- ?

Prof Le Roy: She was going to come over and teach me how to cook.

I don't know what the admission process is nowadays or what they discussed in the interview before I got there, but I am pretty sure that that was not OK.

No comments: