Monday, February 04, 2008

The Difference Between Right and Wrong

Today's entry is an interactive one.  Which means that you should comment.  Though I know that you will probably disappoint me.  How many things wrong can you find with the two paragraphs below?  I can think of three right now, but I'm sure more will come to me.  What's catching your eye?

Two years ago, Marvin Burchall was working the lunch shift at a luxury beachside hotel in his native Bermuda when he waited on an administrator from Endicott College, just north of Boston. To him, Lynn Bak was just another customer, another tourist visiting the island getaway. But Burchall's service was impeccable, and his attentiveness and amiable manner caught Bak's eye.

Bak, who coordinates Endicott's School of International Education in Bermuda and stays at the Elbow Beach Bermuda resort every three weeks or so, gradually got to know Burchall, a 23-year-old who had dropped out of college during his sophomore year to work at the hotel.

(She then offered the waiter a 4-year, full scholarship to Endicott, you can read the whole article at Boston.com.  I'm not linking it 'cause I hate Boston.com.)

1 comment:

Dusty said...

Starting a sentence with But...although, I think that is becoming a defunct grammar rule...