Thursday, February 28, 2008

December, 1963

A lot went down last night. To start off, I got a hair cut in Chinatown and overtipped. Then called mother to see if she wanted me to pick up some pastries. "Um, pastries sound good, but could you bring dinner? And pick up some groceries, too?" So I gave all that I had, every bit of cash and soul left in me, to Chinatown. For $60 I got: a hair cut, generous tip, 2 dinner boxes, 1 sandwich, 1 bok choy, 6 small custards (dan-ta), 3 pieces of bread, and 1 cup of milk tea with pearls. Then I went home. Ate dinner. And was scolded by my mom for not putting my sneakers away like I should. Then to really teach me a lesson, Father hurt his toe trying to avoid them. He actually fractured one. At the inopportune hour of 10:30PM. The break garnered a trip to the ER in slick snow. There in the ER, we saw a group of BU students with four separate cases of skiing and snowboard injuries among them. All within a span of an hour. Which led me to believe that what those BC kids say about them is true. Or maybe it's the other way around. I forget. I just like looking down at people. Though that's becoming very hard because I'm le tired and having trouble keeping my eyes open at all.

No comments: