Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Calvin Klein

Most people take the fonts that they're given in life and use it without complaint. (Except some ASB leaders last year who decreed Times New Roman to be "so 1990's.") Most people have better things to occupy their minds than word processing fonts. I am not like most people. I've always preferred Garamond, also a favorite of Mac and the Band Man, whose emails and hand outs were almost always in Garamond. It just looks so classy. And lets you get away with going over the word limit.

Yesterday, I discovered that Whitecastle is also not like most people. Indeed, not only does he have a preferred font, he takes things to a whole new level.

Moi: How can Century Gothic be your favorite font? It's so cartoony.

Whitecastle: You think it's too bubbly? Well, Helvetica is actually my favorite. Then Century Gothic.

Moi: I like Garamond.

Whitecastle: That's too old school for me. If you don't like them, use Arial [for my figures]. It's Helvetica, Century Gothic, then Arial.

(later)
Jen (summarizing for the rest of you): It's not just that he has a hierarchy of three favorite fonts, but he actually has opinions about fonts he dislikes as well? That's so-

Obsessive. It's just a leetle bit obsessive.

1 comment:

maria Kempner said...

sort of reminds me of a certain director of the CSRC :)