Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Humility Pie

Ash and I created the "Harvard Humility Council" last year.  It started as a joke between us and has now spawned into a joke between us and about a dozen people.  I'm quite pleased with the results.  As Meredith will tell you, they also make great, albeit expensive, professor presents.  In the 7 or so months since the Council has gone public, I've met people who immediately "get it" and those who don't (like Doc Poppy's husband).  Those who get it talk as if they've been in the council for decades.

Prof Papa: So these t-shirts tell people how humble you are?

Moi: Exactly.  Because we're very modest about the Harvard name.

Prof Papa: So you say "I go to a school in Boston, I won't say which ones?"

Max: "But it's not Tufts."

You've got to say that. 

No comments: