Saturday, June 12, 2010

That Ms. Flinner

Moving my desk at work every three months isn't fun. But it sure beats moving every week at the internship. And Doc Winner has a quiet, caustic wit that makes the new seat quite enjoyable.

(on his moving into Dorchester)

Moi: Yeah, I have do-gooder friends there. They work on building up the community and neighborhoods, that kind of thing.

Doc Winner: I just wait until they're revitalized and move in. It's much easier that way.

(leaving the office early together for a second time in a row)

Moi: We've got to stop doing this. It's getting embarrassing.

Doc Winner: What's embarrassing is how late you come in and early you leave.

Moi: No, what's really embarrassing is how little money I make.

Doc Winner: Touche.

I know that he said 'touche,' but I still feel like I'm at the losing end of that.

No comments: