Monday, February 16, 2009

Suburban Write Up

Carol: Are your socks intentionally mismatched?

Moi: These are my home socks. You're lucky I wore socks at all. I was in a plaid flannel shirt earlier.

Like I said before, there are certain truths about my visits home. I will drive to Market Basket and even as I am shopping there, weep silently at the thought of having to leave it and its wide parking spaces again. I will wear the ridiculous dregs in my closet (Exhibit 1: velour track pants. so tacky, but so soft like butter). I will watch an unhealthy amount of television while my bottom slowly melds together with the couch. I will bake. And, if I am lucky, I will see people from the awesome portions of my childhood and youth. Sometimes it's Punty. Sometimes Emily. Today, best of all, it was Less Accomplished Pan and Carol. I would trade at least 3 sashimi dinners for lunch at Olive Garden with those 2.

No comments: