Sunday, December 14, 2008

Public Hygiene

My new, supposedly orange zest scented, body wash smells like bleu cheese.

We've all had stories of not being a morning person, of putting on the wrong sock or forgetting the keys. None of these stories, I learned last night, can compare to that of Anthony's. You see, friend[s], a few weeks ago, whilst passing a store front window on the way to work, Anthony saw that there was shampoo in his hair. "By then," he said, "I had already driven to work and stopped to get coffee at Dunkin' Donuts. No one said anything." Perhaps they were afraid that they wake him from this nightmare. And somehow this man in allowed to operate vehicles at 60 mph in such a state. There ought to be laws against these things.

I feel as if I'm writing too many words so let me just pause a second for you to let this sink in.

Anthony spent a good hour going to the coffee shop and then driving to work all the whilst not realizing that he still had shampoo in his hair.

The boy takes four showers a day. You would think he would have learned by now. In the end, Anthony bought a few bottles of water from Stop & Shop and had to rinse off in the parking garage, clearing his head and landing himself on my short list of favorite anecdotes.

No comments: