Tuesday, December 02, 2008

JAM-On It

My name and credentials are on a page of a big medical journal. It's no NEJM, BMJ, or Annals. But take one more guess and you'd be right on. I have an issue on hand with tomorrow's date and my name on it, trying to act as nonchalantly as possible at work (while ringing up my parents-- thank God we don't speak English with each other) but my heart is beating fast. No one likes a gloat and other than the RAs here, everyone else is used to seeing their name in things. And since my mom hung up on me ("That's good, I have a call waiting, bye!"), I'm sharing my excitement with you. I hope I get to get used to this like the other docs, but that may never happen. For now, I'm psyched. I can't wait to go home and do a victory dance. In fact, I might just go into a quiet stairwell to dance crazy for a minute. This is going on my Big Moments of 2008 list. In fact, let's put this a place behind "Winning the Thesis Award" on the All Time Great list.

PS. Less than an hour since I've gotten my copy and it's already got a rip. Thanks, Young Bo'.

No comments: