Thursday, August 28, 2008

Loco for Taco

All the sudden, I'm wishing it's lunchtime on Friday and I'm sitting in Moulton.  To me, Moulton has always been the ugly stepsister of campus dining, which is unfortunate as we only had two dining halls.  But Friday lunches there were different.  Felt homier.  And the menu more reliable then than other days.  Maybe it's because classes end by 12:30 that Friday lunches were special, though I know that that's not really true because they were often hurried as I rushed to get to lab or turn something in or run off to yet another Common Hour I could fall asleep during, or eating by myself in my windowless room.  Basically, I just want a spicy "baja" fish taco from Moulton right now, with that red cabbage slaw they always have.  And some chowder, because there were always lots of chowder on Friday.  The fish cakes were good, too.  And tater tots.  And sometimes, they'd have the tofu with the peanutty dipping sauce.  Oh, somebody take me back to a Friday at the Bo', skimming through The Orient (because I'd feel guilty if I saw Bobs and didn't read it) and talking about Page/BLlinton, or whatever.  I want that fish taco.

No comments: