Saturday, December 08, 2007

Best Week Ever

OK, this week was not the best week ever. But it was a pretty solid one. I made a good point in an important meeting at work. I served food to the homeless. And I got to see/hear from some great friends. And I lived another year. Of the fifty two out of the year, it definitely makes the top twenty. Here are some of the week’s highlights.

Best Pot Meet Kettle Comment

Doc Whitecastle: [Even though you have it on the computer], I’ll just print it out for you.

Moi: Yeah, just kill trees, whatever.

Doc Whitecastle: Killing trees, but saving lives.

Moi: Yes. Once you’ve seen one tree, you’ve pretty much seen them all anyway, right? (I know I just referenced that early this week. Get used to it. I say this stupid line a lot.)

Doc: Right. Like Chinese people.

This from an Indian man?


Best ‘Dear God, Is He Still Speaking?’ Look

Given by Doc Query during the division meeting. Not one for subtlety, Query sighed and widened his eyes with such a look of disdain I couldn’t help but break out laughing, which once again, did not make a great impression.

Best Multiple Level Discomfort Joke

Moi: (telling my family lush myth story) So at my grandfather’s banquet, I had one beer-

Mrs. Cho: Then got up on the table and started dancing?

Jim: Happy birthday, Mr. President--

Moi: Haha! (Pause to reflect) Wait, what? Ew! That’s so wrong. That’s my grandfather!

Jim: He was not Catholic!

Best Dating of Oneself While Trying to Act Cool

Supervisor, explaining my 'Go Shorty' reference to the Chief, a reference she had to ask to clear up herself just moments earlier...

Supervisor (sounding all confident and knowledgeable): You see, it's the first line of a pop song.


Best New Friend I've Always Known

Often when I meet new Boston Project staff, folks like Dwighters forget to introduce them to me because they just assume that we have known each other for years. And most of the time, an hour into hanging out and working together, it feels like it too. It was that way again today when I met Liz, worked with her, grew to like her very quickly, and after the workday was over, hung out with her with a few of our mutual BP friends. Moments like that make me marvel again at how awesome BP is and how it's impacted my life. And oh, Dusty, we all eagerly await your arrival in March.

1 comment:

Dusty said...

ME TOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Love you guys!