Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Nut So Fast

I am performing at a coffeehouse tomorrow night. Jenny, who contacted me about performing, gave me a run down of the night and who was going on when. She also told me that she was sorry that she had put my name on the advertisements without confirming with me if I was really performing, and wanted to know if it was ok. Then I got an email today, sent to the entire campus, advertising all the acts. It went something like this:

Munny & Jonah. Peiser. BOKA. And Others.

I am Others. I am the only other I know of at this point.

Jenny et al have been playing a new game as of late. It's a twist on the classic Rock, Paper, Scissors called "Shaez, nut, and epi-pen." But the beauty of the game is that someone always plays nut and someone always plays Shez. Thus Shaez loses every single round. It's quite marvelous, really.

A similar riff on the game is a series of "Who would win" battles. Who would win in a fight? Shaez, or a scrawny little girl... with a nut? Who would win in a fight? Shaez, or a furry little bunny... with a nut? The same questions apply to half of a nut, one quarter of a nut, one eighth, sixteenth, et cetera. The possibilities are literally endless and endlessly satisfying.

No comments: