Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Greener Pastures

(Sometimes I forget that I have been walking for about 25 years.  I trip and fall into boxes.)

Moi: I'll just follow you... (trip) ... and not walk into any boxes.

Whitecastle (walking ahead of me): What?

Moi: Nothing.

Whitecastle: Are you really talking to yourself?

Moi: No.  I think your hearing is going.

---
Have you ever been to the Cantab?  If you have, it was probably on a Tuesday night, which is Bluegrass Night.  The place has live music 7 nights a week, but for whatever reason, everyone talks about Bluegrass Night yet nobody seems to go because of the bluegrass (not that there's anything wrong with bluegrass.  I like bluegrass and that one song they play).  It happened again last night with D-Bomb and Liz.

Moi: So when I was at the Cantab-

D-Bomb: That place with bluegrass?

Moi: Yeah, but it was all people you didn't expect to like bluegrass, right?  I certainly wasn't there for the bluegrass.

D-Bomb: I wasn't either.  (he was there to discuss the impact of Gordon S. Wood on American historical discourse)

Liz: The Cantab?  I've been to their bluegrass night.

Moi: Exactly!  And you weren't there for the bluegrass?

Liz: No, I was there for the music.

No comments: