Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Great Latkes


(leftovers 'latkes')

Playing Anomia (new favorite game) on Sunday night, I had to name a lake, any lake, before Jenny could answer my category. "Uh- Home!" was my first response. Followed by "No, wait, E. Eurie? Erie? Great Lake!" Amazingly, I managed to get all that out before Jenny could give her response and got two points out of the whole affair.

Do you recall the three C's I shall not eat? Carrots, celery, and cilantro. I hate them. But I know that they are good for me. So about once a year, I buy a bag of carrots and spend the next 3 months hiding carrots in my food, as if I was a simple child. They're going to be in my soup tomorrow and on Sunday, I shredded them into my potato pancakes. Too bad I was working from matchstick carrots and nearly lost my fingers.

You know what food I don't hate? Potato pancakes. I'm quite fond of them. After dinner with Dwight on Saturday (at Russell House, where he got a cheese pizza and I got a burger, except the words on the menu were much fancier), I was left with a pile of cold fries. Fries are hard to reheat. But, a little onion, carrots, egg, blending and ingenuity, and I had crisp pancakes ready to go within 5 minutes. Brilliant, no? I should be getting my MacArthur any day now.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: