Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Chips Ahoy

Yesterday, Josh and I met to schedule a meeting.  We walked over to his desk so he could check his schedule and enter the event in his Blackberry.  I wrote "1:30" on my hand.  (then spent the afternoon trying to figure out why those numbers were on my hand)  Precisely because I'm so meticulous in my calendar-keeping, I was pleasantly surprised to discover a reception for the master's students after class last night.  Everyone else seemed to have known about this.  Sadly, the spread there was the most fresh vegetables I'd had all week (sugar snap peas, cucumber slices, and yellow tomatoes), though judging from the way everyone else swarmed the tables, I wasn't the only one.  There were at least 6 types of cheeses (two chevres alone) and I may have sampled them all.  And sugar cane shrimp that looked like sugar cane French fries.  Just how much cheese, crackers, chips and dip did I have last night?  Enough that I didn't eat dinner.  Though that may have been psychological.  I'd planned to have Easy Mac (with canned corn- to make it a balanced meal) for dinner and the thought of more lactose was intolerable.

Lenny: Life is so hard for you, isn't it?

It really, really is.

No comments: