Sunday, December 26, 2010

Scallionwag



I attended Father's church today. The entire service started an hour earlier than usual. Apparently, you can just do things like that when a third of the church is gone for a conference. Because of holiday shuffling and the snowstorm and conference, I was pulled in for emergency interpretation duty. I sat next to a guy and narrated the entire service to him in English. I'm not sure he saw all the parallels between the Old and New Testament symbols in the message. But I tried the best I could.

Christmas wasn't super great, but I got to see my folks and got new pens and Airwave gum, which was everything I had wanted. Now I'm back in the city to enjoy a nice snow day. Whenever I return from home home, I get a hankering for scallion pancakes. We eat a lot of it at home, though hardly ever from scratch. The fridge at home has an impressive arsenal of frozen dumplings and pancakes. In Taiwan, scallion pancakes are one of those things that are so cheaply and widely available, at such good quality, that it's hardly ever worth it to make it at home. But that's not how we roll in the South End. So I got my doughy hands dirty and made some. Along with the sweet spicy dipping sauce (also never homemade in Taiwan). Now I'm going to enjoy a Lifetime Originals movie. The way snow days are meant to be enjoyed.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: