Friday, July 03, 2009

Find Out What It Means to Me

Happy two days after Canada Day, everyone. I am sad to inform you that I did not win the Canada Day trivia contest. Such an honor goes to Jo. I was tied for 2nd, and then beat the others for being able to name a few provincial capitals. Whitecastle, quite surprisingly, was pleased with how I placed.

Whitecastle: Second-- that's not bad. Though I guess you studied.

Moi: That's the thing, everyone else studied, too!

Whitecastle: You hang out with a bunch of nerds.

Hello, Mr. Kettle, have you met Pot? The Pot is very black.

-----
As I've already alluded to, Wednesday was Young Bo's last day in our office. Starting next week, she'll be working off site, though still affiliated with our Division. On Tuesday, the RAs' plan for a small ice cream outing was butchered and turned into farewell ice cream cake for the entire office. All the faculty, but especially Whitecastle and DocQuery, enjoyed making fun of the ridiculousness of the occasion (and all the RAs made sure to laughed extra hard because we all agreed, had wanted to stop the ice cream cake spectacle, but was thwarted by people more powerful).

Whitecastle: With [Young Bo'] gone, there'll be a lot less giggling coming from between their cubicles.

Moi: Excuse me? I do not giggle. Young Bo' giggles.

Whitecastle: You don't giggle? That's right, you snarl.

DocQuery: And hiss.

No comments: