Thursday, June 04, 2009

Words Do No Harm

I used to think that no one at work was funny.  Then I discovered that (not very far) beneath the bow tie, Doc Query is the funniest doc I've ever met.  (It didn't so much take time to discover as take time for him to deign to talk to the new RAs)  Then Whitecastle seemed not so bad, though he still can't tell if I'm joking half the time and I think his threats are real half the time.  But maybe it's because Gak pointed out, or because I've been here nearly two years, or maybe it's just the weather warming up, but the office has been brimming with smart mouths lately, smart mouths that make me smirk, then worry what my health providers say behind my back...

(Whitecastle is "on service" this week, so he can often been seen coming to and from the hospital in his lab coat)

Doc Vice: Anyone die today?

Doc Whitecastle: No, not yet.  I try to save them.


(Doc Query shared a box of Lindt truffles with the division today)

Doc Vice: Who tried to bribe you with chocolates?

Doc Query: One of my patients.

Edith: What did you prescribe her?

Doc Vice: Was it oxycontin?  I bet it was oxycontin.

No comments: