Sunday, June 21, 2009

Father Time

Hot Fuzz and In Bruges are now two of my favorite movies. So much so that I might even change my facebook profile. Though probably not that much.

The thing about being old is that, every time my parents watch a movie, they get the uncanny feeling that they've seen the film before. It happened tonight with Hot Fuzz. Father sat through the movie claiming that he'd seen it, even though it was highly unlikely. To vindicate himself, he phoned Brother, who contributes the other 50% of Father's movie suggestions, while Mother and I looked on.

Father: Son, when have I seen Hot Buzz?

Mother and Child: It's Hot FUZZ.

Father: What is that?

Mother: F-U! Fuzz!

Brother: (on the other end of the phone, says something to the effect that he's never recommended the film to Father)

Father: But I've seen it.

Brother: When?

Father: Just now, I've seen the film just now.

Moi: (a thousand eye rolls)

Father: Seriously though, I've seen the movie. Not the whole thing, but bits. Maybe in Taiwan? Maybe on an airplane?

Because it's Father's Day, we're saying that it's not impossible that he's seen the film. Just highly unlikely.

No comments: