Sunday, September 11, 2005

The God Isn't The Answer

Today, Pastor Thrope began his sermon with an illustration for the kids. Actually, it was open to everyone but only the kids and their parents went up front. I'm kicking myself for it now 'cause he passed out pennies, then sold the kids candies for one cent. No one went for the peanut M&Ms I kept eyeing. Toward the end of the exercise, Pastor Thorpe asked the kids why they traded in the candy. Boy, being a brilliant Sunday School kid, answered, "Because of God!" Boy is going to go places in life. And by places, I mean Sunday School. "Well, no..." was Pastor Thorpe's reply, "but God is always the right answer in Sunday School."

It was so good to be back at my awkard, little, country church. Sitting with my Bow' buddies. Listening to forever long announcements and prayer requests. Stifling laughter. Making not enough chit chat with the church members. Our stomachs growling, ever louder and louder. Stuffing ourselves during refreshment Sunday. Leaving quickly thereafer. Being prayed for. Praising. Learning. Reciting the Lord's prayer together. It's good to be back.

No comments: