Saturday, December 27, 2014

Canadian Christmas


Greetings from the Great White North- a land where garbage disposal units apparently don't exist yet they have their own word for them ("garburator"). Despite this nonsense, this land is absolutely lovely. Nik invited me to join her and a couple of friends to her home to celebrate Christmas and I'm so glad that I did. They have dim sum, nasi goreng, and an HGTV channel with shows I'd never seen. That, plus moose-shaped drinking paraphernalia-- what more could I ask for?  (They also have a quiet room where I can catch up on my work- and peace and quiet- but while that is wildly appreciated and totally allowing me to sleep better at night, it is hardly top on the list of reasons why Canada is aces. That list is pretty much Zwieps, food, and HGTV.)

Merry Christmas, y'all's. 

No comments: