Monday, August 25, 2014

Donut holes

I was in DC for a fantastic wedding last night and before leaving the city this morning, I decided to continue my new habit of picking up donuts and chicken biscuits from the deliciously delightful GBD in Dupont (no one is paying for this unnecessary endorsement- but I think GBD should).  

The last time I got donuts from there, I meant to share with Anna but ended up eating everything myself.  Today, I knew that if I did not bring the donuts to school, history would repeat itself.  And history mustn't repeat itself because I had already upped my biscuit order from 1 to 2.  I honestly would have made wedding favor candies and donuts my breakfast had Bryant not made a joke about candies not being public health and prompted internal balanced breakfast guilt.  So I had generic raisin bran for breakfast and brought two donuts to school.  

Moi: I brought donuts.

Advisor Who: You are a great student.

Because the donuts were large and frosted well, and both flavors were indulgent (chocolate cream with chocolate frosting and maple bacon), Who placed both donuts on a plate then, saying that he shouldn't have so much, he cut one into half.  Then quarters.  Then eighths. This decision made me secretly glad because thought I knew sharing was in my best interest, I wanted both donuts.  But as our meeting went on, one eighth disappeared, then another, then a quarter, and a half.  Until finally, the whole thing was gone.

Moi: I'm glad that portion control worked out for you.

Who: You should be glad that there's still one left.

No comments: