Tuesday, January 04, 2011

3 Kind Encounters

Doc Query tried to give me a random wicker basket today. He is also trying to bring the beard back. Right now, it just looks like he's bringing faint stubble back.

Doc Gollum, who I am convinced is one of the best mentors any budding researcher could have (and it's just unfortunate that he's not mine), asked if I'd see the article in the Times "about our paper." "Today's paper?" "No," he said with a laugh that let me know I was silly for asking, "not today. A couple of weeks ago." Since I: a) don't actually know what our paper is about b) never read the Business section of the Times ("that's where they always publish those kinds of stories," he said as if it was the most natural thing on earth-- I thought it'd be in the Health section) and c) I was working my way through my Watch Instantly queue on Netflix 2 weeks ago, it is safe to say that no, I had not seen the article.

(Article update: I just checked. Apparently, Doc Gollum was all over the news during finals week. A very big deal. Also, it was totally in the Health section.)

I tried to show Prof Papa a video today but the sound did not work on his computer. Undeterred, he tried his luck at youtube. "This is what I've been watching lately," he said as he typed out "christmas doggy video" with his finger tips. And I swore off trans fats right there and then because I thought I'd have a heart attack. He also recommended looking up videos of Australian car crashes (naturally, for injury prevention purposes and nothing else).

No comments: