Sunday, June 14, 2009

Waste Not Want Now

Dakota the Computer may or may not be dead, and I will not be seeing it and my new computer until Friday.  Until then, blogging is difficult, the computer I'm working with is old, and uploading pictures is out of the question. 
 
But I spotted this in the Times today, puked up a little in my mouth, swallowed it, only to puke it back up again.  So here it is.  And all I can say is, "Oh, Harvard.":
 
 Mr. Kushner noted that the college still asks scholarship students to contribute a few thousand dollars a year from summer and school-term jobs.

"I have friends who would spend 10 hours a week when they are not in class working at a coffee shop or in the dorms," said Mr. Kushner, 24, referring to time that he considered wasteful. "I think the most special thing about college is not just what you do in class, but what you do out of class."

Psht, working part time jobs.  What a tremendous waste of Harvard talent.  And now I've got Fiddler stuck in my head.  If I were a rich man...

No comments: